Hope

XXXTENTACION - SKINS (2018)

96 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - December 7, 2018
Genre - Trap Rap, Pop Rap
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

 

Tracklist:

01. Introduction (0:31)
02. Guardian angel (1:48)
03. Train food (2:44)
04. whoa (mind in awe) (2:37)
05. BAD! (1:34)
06. STARING AT THE SKY (1:25)
07. One Minute (feat. Kanye West) (3:17)
08. difference (interlude) (1:16)
09. I don’t let go (2:01)
10. what are you so afraid of (2:30)

 

Download

 

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly this album is subpar for me. Really wished royalty with ky Mani Marley was on here but looks like I just gotta keep waiting. Umm hopefully a couple more listens makes me like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy fuck yes

Thanks for this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the only song on your album that isn't one or two minutes is called "one minute"

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 songs. Roughly 20 minutes. How is this worth the time ever. Wow. 

Metal is fun because they have generally about 11 songs. But they're close to an hour. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this! gonna jam it and see if it's on "?" level

RIP X #LLJ

  • Love 2
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

10 songs. Roughly 20 minutes. How is this worth the time ever. Wow. 

Metal is fun because they have generally about 11 songs. But they're close to an hour. 

Why compare this to metal though? I get it, this site is mostly composed of metalcore/metal music but it's ridiculous to compare two different genres of music.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kapital said:

Why compare this to metal though? I get it, this site is mostly composed of metalcore/metal music but it's ridiculous to compare two different genres of music.

I'm simply just saying. Not to relate the genres. But seriously. When every song except for 1 is 2.5 minutes or less, just combine songs, and make more. A record this short is more an EP than an album. Technically, with this length, this album is an EP.

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

I'm simply just saying. Not to relate the genres. But seriously. When every song except for 1 is 2.5 minutes or less, just combine songs, and make more. A record this short is more an EP than an album. Technically, with this length, this album is an EP.

An album is an album as long as the person/label who releases it says it's an album.

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One Minute was cool but....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PatientlyDead said:

An album is an album as long as the person/label who releases it says it's an album.

Not trying to be rude, dude I swear. Just saying. Being only 20 minutes........that's intense.

 

I know a 5 song EP that is longer than this. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmmmmmmmmmm i wonder what x would think of this :/

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel_Defoe said:

Not trying to be rude, dude I swear. Just saying. Being only 20 minutes........that's intense.

 

I know a 5 song EP that is longer than this. 

You're not understanding the point. It doesn't matter what YOUR definition of an album versus an EP is. It doesn't matter how long you think and album should be and how short you think an EP should be. If the record label/artist says this is an album, then it will go into the books as an album.

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PatientlyDead said:

You're not understanding the point. It doesn't matter what YOUR definition of an album versus an EP is. It doesn't matter how long you think and album should be and how short you think an EP should be. If the record label/artist says this is an album, then it will go into the books as an album.

No I understand that. I'm young but I'm not an idiot. 

That's not my definition of an album/EP either. 

 

IN GENERAL CONCENSUS AND LOOKING AROUND AT ALMOST EVERY ALBUM AND EP, an album is an EP if it about 25-27 minutes or shorter, and about 30+ minutes is an album. 

 

Doesn't help that X is dead and the label is pumping out this for nothing more than money. It's all a scheme. 

Not hating on the music at all. Really not. Haven't even heard it, so I don't have that right anyway. Just making a simple point. 

 

I think I regret my decision of saying anything on XXX's album. Welp. Fuck me hard ladies and gents. I don't like mumble rap. I don't like X, 6ix9ine, or any artist with the "Lil" suffix. 

 

FUCKING SUE ME. If that makes anybody feel better, I'm not the one with the problem. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even in death he brings shitty music :'(

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Daniel_Defoe 

7 minutes ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

No I understand that. I'm young but I'm not an idiot. 

That's not my definition of an album/EP either. 

 

IN GENERAL CONCENSUS AND LOOKING AROUND AT ALMOST EVERY ALBUM AND EP, an album is an EP if it about 25-27 minutes or shorter, and about 30 minutes is an album. 

 

Doesn't help that X is dead and the label is pumping out this for nothing more than money. It's all a scheme. 

Not hating on the music at all. Really not. Haven't even heard it, so I don't have that right anyway. Just making a simple point. 

 

I think I regret my decision of saying anything on XXX's album. Welp. Fuck me hard ladies and gents. I don't like mumble rap. I don't like X, 6ix9ine, or any artist with the "Lil" suffix. 

 

FUCKING SUE ME. If that makes anybody feel better, I'm not the one with the problem. 

You're on track here. Industry standards would label this an EP. The label can market it as anything they want but I bet we'll see a lot more people and reviewers call it what it is. An EP. It is straddling the EP or album designation though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThatGuyOverThere said:

@Daniel_Defoe 

You're on track here. Industry standards would label this an EP. The label can market it as anything they want but I bet we'll see a lot more people and reviewers call it what it is. An EP. It is straddling the EP or album designation though.

The only reason it would be an album is because of how many separately designated tracks there are. 10 is an album-length number of tracks. It's just...too short for me to personally consider it so. 

Thank you for seeing my point. Appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

I'm simply just saying. Not to relate the genres. But seriously. When every song except for 1 is 2.5 minutes or less, just combine songs, and make more. A record this short is more an EP than an album. Technically, with this length, this album is an EP.

X had a tendency to make most his EPs/Albums consist of short songs unlike most traditional rap albums with the exception of his album "?". If you listen to some of the underground rap artists from Florida/NO, you'd notice they tend to make their songs less than 3 minutes as well. I feel like it keeps the idea raw and going, making the live shows more intense by packing more songs in than your average metal show. I hope this clears some of this up. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone bitching about how short this is.. Ya'll realize dude is dead and they used what they could? lmao

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Media and everyone said he had is next finished and ready to drop...... This is far from finished... RIP X. The dude had so much potential

  • Love 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe his mother allowed this to be released. Almost every song is just a snippet. You can tell this is all just idea's and rough tracks. The kanye one is the only full track on the record.  This dude had potential would like have heard these songs in their final form.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joshuachadwick4l said:

I can't believe his mother allowed this to be released. Almost every song is just a snippet. You can tell this is all just idea's and rough tracks. The kanye one is the only full track on the record.  This dude had potential would like have heard these songs in their final form.

That track was literally a snippet of X's verse and they wanted Kanye to come in a write and rap a whole song in his memory. It would've been cool to have other rappers come in and do the same but oh well

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys know this dude is a confirmed scumbag right? Like the music or whatever but the dude was not one to be missed. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Patriiot said:

You guys know this dude is a confirmed scumbag right? Like the music or whatever but the dude was not one to be missed. 

Ironic

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patriiot said:

You guys know this dude is a confirmed scumbag right? Like the music or whatever but the dude was not one to be missed. 

Oooooooooooooooooh wee look at this edge lord. Keep your shitty opinion to yourself 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you get turned into a swiss cheese and then your label releases the shit from recording sessions that you decided not to release before.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually really like this! If you like X youll like this! 

 

Who gives a fuck how long an album is supposed to be ? 

 

R.I.P X

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kapital said:

X had a tendency to make most his EPs/Albums consist of short songs unlike most traditional rap albums with the exception of his album "?". If you listen to some of the underground rap artists from Florida/NO, you'd notice they tend to make their songs less than 3 minutes as well. I feel like it keeps the idea raw and going, making the live shows more intense by packing more songs in than your average metal show. I hope this clears some of this up. 

It does clear it up. I know that that's how things go in this specific scene too haha. However, if it were me making songs this short, I'd make twice as many songs. Then it'd be fucking cool. Having TONS of short songs, but only 10 of them this short makes me want more.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel_Defoe said:

It does clear it up. I know that that's how things go in this specific scene too haha. However, if it were me making songs this short, I'd make twice as many songs. Then it'd be fucking cool. Having TONS of short songs, but only 10 of them this short makes me want more.

The way I look at it is I'd rather an artist say, "Fuck it, keep it short." Than the usual rap or pop artist who says, "Play the chorus/hook like 12 more times to make it 3 and a half minutes."

 

I get your point and it probably should have been labeled as an EP but there's nothing conventional about a label pushing out an album of probably unfinished work of an artist who passed away.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alare said:

The way I look at it is I'd rather an artist say, "Fuck it, keep it short." Than the usual rap or pop artist who says, "Play the chorus/hook like 12 more times to make it 3 and a half minutes."

 

I get your point and it probably should have been labeled as an EP but there's nothing conventional about a label pushing out an album of probably unfinished work of an artist who passed away.

Lol yeah I can see that :lol:

But then again, I'm also opposed to pumping out a solo artist's work after they're dead. That's my own personal opinion. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2018 Kingdom Leaks